Children are at the heart of our school community. As a school we value the thoughts, ideas and opinions of all our children and the School Council is one way of ensuring the voice of the children is heard and has an impact on the development of the school.
The School Council is made up of children from Year 2 to Year 6. The children have been elected by their classmates to represent them. They meet every half term to discuss a variety of ideas, views and concerns that have been expressed to the councillors. There are also occasions when projects are brought to the School Council for consideration.
The School Council takes part in lots of activities including:
• Listening to the views and concerns of other pupils;
• Representing these concerns to the teaching staff;
• Coming up with ideas to help improve the school and make decisions;
• Thinking of ways to contribute locally and globally;
• Fundraise for Runcorn locality and charities;
• Having the responsibility for a budget;
Being a school councillor is a very responsible position as you have to think of some sensible ideas and sometimes have to do things in your lunch times.
Our councillors for 2018 to 2019 are:
Aiden and Sofia (Year 2)
Kai-Ying (Year 3)
Ben and Mylie (Year 4)
Alfie and Bella (Year 5)
Oliver and Michella (Year 6)